Sunday, July 12, 2015

Much to young to feel this damn old

"I ain't as good as I once was, but I'm as good once as I ever was" - Toby Keith

Today me and my fianceĆ© went grocery shopping and we ended up spotting some vaccume cleaners.  Wait, go back a day or so.  We broke our vaccume and ended up in the market for a new one.  Weeks prior we have been talking about getting a new one but couldn't justify the purchase since we had one that worked.

Getting it home we were pretty stoked about getting it out the package and trying it on the carpet and checking it out.  It worked great.  

Life stopped for a moment.  

High points of my day are I didn't get hit by a car on my twice daily commute and I remembered to bring my thermas home to repeated the process again.
High points of my week are my pay check is correct and the weekend.
Then special events that occur after an inconvient  equipment malfunction such as an old TV dying and upgrading to something new or your vaccume cleaner cease to function and upgrading to a multi-surface with great suction.

When did life stop being fun and end up being routine.  I remember being 18 drunk as a skunk in a cab in route to a gentleman's club or being 24 four wheeling every day and fishing every morning.  Here I am a couple years later wondering how life changes so quickly you don't notice it, but slow enough you don't notice it.

I assume every story can have a moral, so the moral of this story would be: Don't forget to enjoy the fun your having.  Savor it, you don't have that kind of freedom again until you retire.


I hope you enjoyed the post.  Have fun and stay safe.
~Daved1058

No comments:

Post a Comment