Saturday, December 26, 2015

It's beer:30

Beer Fact:
Beer is the world's most widely consumed and likely the oldest alcoholic beverage; it is the third most popular drink overall, after water and tea.
According to Wikipedia the United States consumes about 638,926,526 gallons per year!

Today is my welcome letter to the world of beer brewing. A few days prior me and my wife purchased on SurLaTable a beer brewing kit and it arrived today. Nothing fancy. Just everything you need to brew 1 gallon of beer (which I learned today really isn't much). Oh and bottles not included they are like $17 for 6 resealable 16oz bottles. There has to be a cheaper way to bottle my beer.

I opened it all up and unpackaged it on my counter and read the instructions. They were shockingly easy to read and understand. Honestly the hardest part was keeping the concoction at 155 degrees, but they were thoughtful and  included a 18" mercury thermometer(I thought those were all but banned in the early 2000's).

Looking at a lot of sites to buy "refills" and I got to thinking why do I want Kerug style beer I want Maxwell House where adjust and tweak it. Know what I mean? To have a bag of this and a bag of that and measure it with a measuring cup not opening a single serving packet and pouring it in.

Anyway anyone who does this as a hobby and would like to give me some information or pointers it would be appreciated.



Stay thirsty my followers,
~Daved1058

No comments:

Post a Comment